- ATU values the privacy of its students. Information about a student’s enrolment, standing, grades or required medical records are considered confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties unless a formal disclosure agreement from the student is received by the registrar.
- In the absence of a national policy regulating student records privacy (no privacy act), the university policy is largely based on common practices where they are applicable to the culture and normative standards.
- All student records are now maintained in an electronic database. Access to this data base is restricted to the academic advisor and registrar’s office. The university is now in the process of making that database accessible to the student so that students can:
- View their records
- Control access to those records for example students may give this access to their parents.
- Complain to the registrar if their records are in error.